June 9, 2009

What has become of this country

Not all who wander are lost - JRR Tolkien


What a wonderful phrase. It is completely true, just because we wander around with our heads in the clouds, it does not mean that we are lost. 



But as I sit here relentless about my life and just worried about passing all of my finals, two American, and let me repeat, AMERICAN journalists are in North Korea and are being held "prisoner" in my terms. The North Korean government sentenced them to 12 years of hard labor. My hearts go out to the families of Laura Ling and Euna Lee. 

Sigh, I know I'm only eighteen, but if I had any say into all of this, I would send some of our troops from Iraq to help get these two home. Why would America sit by and let them get their sentence, and they might never have the chance to go back home ever again? If I also had any huge say into anything else, it would be the environment, we're taking pretty bad care of it. We litter, thinking that it will be biodegradable, and we run more and more smog into our air. ( Ok I know I contribute to the smog, but I'm trying to bike around more! <3>

But anyways, I will be back later loves.
Have a great week and to all of the UC kids and El Camino kids
Good luck on your finals ! <3


XO's



No comments:

Post a Comment